[Asterisk-Users] connect 2 phones like in FOP

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Tue Oct 25 09:52:49 MST 2005

You could use a call file.  This would be achieved like the following:

exten => s,n,System(bash_file SIP/110 112)

where bash_file is a script you make that drops a .call file into
asterisk's outgoing directory.  bash_file could contain something like
this -- (from memory, research before you blame me):
#!/bin/bash
if [ "$2" = "" ];
then
  echo "Usage: $0 CALLER_CHANNEL CALLEE_EXTEN";
else
  echo "Exten: $2
  Channel: $1
  MaxRetries: 0
  Context: internalaugmented" > /tmp/somefile31329
  mv /tmp/somefile31329 /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
done
make sure to
  chmod +x bash_file
after you create it

If you can get this working, the example above should do something
similar to making the phone at SIP/110 dial extension 112.

Moj

rulle mus wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to connect 2 (SIP) phones via the dialplan. Sort of
> like dragging 2 phones to each other in Flash operator panel.
>
> The thing is I need an action in the dialplan that will connect 2
> phones to each other as a reaction to an event without any
> intervention from one of the 2 phones.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mus

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>