[Asterisk-Users] Format of extensions.conf

Leif Madsen asterisk.leif.madsen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:47:17 MST 2005

On 10/25/05, Sergey Okhapkin <sos at sokhapkin.dyndns.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 00:52 -0400, Leif Madsen wrote:
> Now, as someone has also pointed out, using quotes around the string
> is probably better form as it should handle spaces and such.
>

> In expressions only. Set() command is broken in this area (1.2beta and CVS
> HEAD). To clear, for example, calleridname one must write
>
> Set(CALLERID(name)=)
>
> The command
>
> Set(CALLERID(name)="")
>
> will set the name part of callerid to guess what?-) Yes, to a string
> containing 2 double quote characters!

Yes, I was speaking of expressions specifically, but thanks for
clearing this up. Honestly, I don't think I've ever tried to set a
NULL string to a variable with a function... that could probably be
filed as a bug, but someone might call it a feature :)

--
Leif Madsen - http://www.leifmadsen.com
http://www.asteriskdocs.org -- Co-Founder