[Asterisk-Users] iaxmodem

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue Oct 25 06:59:44 MST 2005

I'll see what I can do about improving the error messages involved with
the write error, but that's not going to help your problem here.

Until the IAXmodem documentation says otherwise, you *must* install and
use the spandsp version that ships with IAXmodem.  The only exception to
this of which I know is that IAXmodem-0.0.5 will work with
spandsp-0.0.3pre4 unaltered.  The reason for this is because some of the
IAXmodem development causes changes (fixes and enhancements) in the
spandsp library, specifically the T.31 modem part.  Eventually I expect
these developments to slow down enough that IAXmodem will work with
"any" version of spandsp after that point, but that point has not yet
arrived.

My guess is that the errors you're seeing are due to your not using the
correct version of spandsp.

As for the compilation error you're having with Autom4te (Can't locate
object method "path" via package "Autom4te::Request" at
/usr/bin/autom4te line 81.), I'm not sure what the right answer is.
It's probably a dependency problem of some kind.

So fix the spandsp build problem and I'll expect that your IAXmodem
problem will go away... if not, then let me know.  The IAXmodem forums
or tracker is probably the better place for that, though.

Lee.