[Asterisk-Users] Red Alarms, No D-Channels, and Crazy People

Jason Walker desktophero at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 21:25:03 MST 2005

I have not read through the rest of your posts, but try some of the other
variations of switchtype:

; Switchtype:  Only used for PRI.
;
; national:       National ISDN 2 (default)
; dms100:         Nortel DMS100
; 4ess:           AT&T 4ESS
; 5ess:           Lucent 5ESS
; euroisdn:       EuroISDN
; ni1:            Old National ISDN 1
;
switchtype=national

For example, we had a PRI with Global Comm (through a reseller) and they
swore up and down that a 5ess was what was needed to for signalling -
basically, we could not get the circuit up and clean.

When I switched to national, my issues went away. Funny thing is that
through our Dialogic (on the same circuit) we had to use Dialogic's 4ess
drivers/config for that circuit to work on another telecom device.

Have you tried that?