[Asterisk-Users] new toy

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:01:33 MST 2005

> [InfoWorld: Top News] Aruba unveils portable access point for VoIP

Funny you mention this... I'm currently testing a similar setup,
Asterisk on OpenWRT:

WAN -> WRT54G -> [SSL] -> UDPTunnel -> [IAX] -> Asterisk -> [SIP] -> WiFi

And SIP clients via WiFi, or via wired LAN. At this point this is NOT
using encryption, but I am planing to add stunnel (or similar). A VPN
(like PPTP) is not an option for me because the environment I'm
testing in blocks all but outgoing TCP connections. Hence a SSH-like
TCP connection may work best.

Total cost: $60 for router, plus some hours of fun to get it all
going. But you also do other useful things like traffic shaping on the
router...