[Asterisk-Users] Largest working config files?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 08:34:50 MST 2005

Hi,

I hope this is not a FAQ - I have not been able to find it if it is
covered already...

I have a dial-plan on my asterisk system that is becoming potentially
quite large and complex - Of the order of 12 lines of dialplan per
extension number. Most of this is in order to record suitable CDR
data, access voicemail, and play "polite" goodbye messages etc. The
operation of each extension can potentially be unique, making a common
[extensions-generic] almost impossible to write.

Does anybody have experience of how big an extensions.conf can get
before problems start occuring? If anyone has experienced problems,
what sort of things happen?

Thanks,
Steve