[Asterisk-Users] Where is the text of the voicemail email ??

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Mon Oct 24 06:00:42 MST 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 6:25 AM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>>> Check voicemail.conf in /etc/asterisk or voicemail.conf.sample in
>>> the
>>> /configs directory of your source code tree.
>>>
>>> I have never tried with Chinese, but it can handle Swedish :-)
>>
>> BTW wouldn't it be helpfull if the voicemailtext could depend on the
>> language, the user has choosen in extensions.conf?
>> Example:
>> User has language set to de, include language file de in
>> voicemail.conf .
>
> Yes, that is a good idea. Any coders?

I would like to be able to edit the pager notification e-mail. Right
now it seems that the voicemail app's code has to be edited and
recompiled to edit the pager message. We use numeric pagers, so I
needed to add a numeric first line of the message body. The rest of
the message can follow for alpha pagers, but the first line has to be
numeric for numeric only pagers.

Maybe someone could change that, because patching the code for every
recompile is a bit of a pain....

Tom