[Asterisk-Users] configuring Cisco 7905G for SIP - how?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Oct 24 02:59:08 MST 2005

tijmen van den brink schrieb:

 > I set up a Cisco 7960 in about 20 minutes with this document. I hope
it works for you.

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/cisco_7960_ip_phone_configuration.html

I too managed to set up a 7960 phone.

But I have (had?) a problem with 7905 phone (still minor problems with
that, like a wrong timezone).

BTW, I managed to solve it - the contents of the SEP0014690620AA.cnf.xml
file have to be like this (with the right asterisk box IP address), and
then it downloads the other files:

<Default>
<callManagerGroup>
<members>
<member priority="0">
<callManager>
<ports>
<ethernetPhonePort>2000</ethernetPhonePort>
</ports>
<processNodeName>192.168.11.15</processNodeName>
</callManager>
</member>
</members>
</callManagerGroup>

Too bad Cisco 7905 documentation doesn't even mention *.cnf.xml files,
their contents, etc.
Too bad Cisco binaries attached to 7905 firmware complain "option not
recognized" when parsing even default config files (you need to
"convert" the text files to some other mysterious format)...

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org