[Asterisk-Users] Where is the text of the voicemail email ??

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Oct 24 02:37:15 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 10:32 +0200, Guido Hecken wrote:

> > > I was looking for the text in the /etc/asterisk directory, but it must
> > > be somewhere else. Can anybody tell me where? And can it include Chinese
> > > as well?
> > Check voicemail.conf in /etc/asterisk or voicemail.conf.sample in the
> > /configs directory of your source code tree.
> >
> > I have never tried with Chinese, but it can handle Swedish :-)
>
> BTW wouldn't it be helpfull if the voicemailtext could depend on the
> language, the user has choosen in extensions.conf?
> Example:
> User has language set to de, include language file de in voicemail.conf .

Yes and no.  Yes I think having language independant voicemail emails
would be a good thing.  No I dont think it should be related to
extensions.conf.  It should be on a per person basis, regardless of who
called into the system.  The reason for this is that the caller isnt
reading the email and the person getting the email may request that it
be a specific language.

Something I havent tried is setting emailbody etc on a per context
basis.  The ability to create more customized emails may exist, although
you would have to have a context for the languages itself rather than
per user, so it does have that limitation.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378