[Asterisk-Users] Could someone look at channels/chan_zap.c

Howard Lowndes lannet at lannet.com.au
Sun Oct 23 23:17:08 MST 2005

I'm banging my head against a brick wall trying to get CallerID
recognised in Australia.

I have CLID presentation enabled and I know that it works.  I also have
distinctive ring tones enabled in zapata.conf

Around about line 5924 in channels/chan_zap.c is where the caller ID and
distinctive ring tone recognition starts for Bellcore FSK signalling
    5924                 } else if (p->use_callerid && p->cid_start ==
CID_START_RING) {
    5925                         /* FSK Bell202 callerID */
    5926                         cs = callerid_new(cid_signalling);

and at line 5961 there is this comment:
    5961                                                 /* Let us
detect callerid when the telco uses distinctive ring */

but what follows appears to have no resemblence to identifying CLID.

The problem is that I cannot see, or work out what is supposed to go on
after that.  I am getting distinctive ring tones but an not getting CLID.

Any help out there, or anyone who can explain what the code is supposed
to be doing?

--
Howard.
LANNet Computing Associates - Your Linux people <http://lannet.com.au>