[Asterisk-Users] SIP DTMF problem

Morten Isaksen misak at misak.dk
Sun Oct 23 09:09:02 MST 2005

Hi!
 I have this setup:
 Analog phone <-> Audiocodes MP-114 <-> Asterisk 1<-> Aastra 480i

 \/
 Asterisk 2
 The codec is alaw on all the calls. Asterisk is CVS-HEAD checked it a
couple of hours ago. Asterisk 1 and 2 is connected with a SIP connection
using INFO.
 The Aastra 480i does not support DTMF INFO mode as far as I can tell, so I
configures it as rfc2833 in sip realtime. The MP-124 is confugured to use
INFO.
 When I call the voicemail on Asterisk 2 from the analog phone it works
fine. When I call from the 480i it does not work. Asterisk 1 and 2 does not
"hear" the DTMF.
 When I call from the analog phone to the 480i or from the 480i to the
analog phone Asterisk 1 "hears" the DTMF (* DTMF Received: '1') that is
pressed on the analog phone and only some of the tones pressed on the 480i.
Some of the DTMF sent from the 480i is registered multiple times on Asterisk
1 e.g. when I press 1 Asterisk register the 1 but thinks it is pressed 2 or
3 times, but I only pressed it once.
 Is there a problem when Asterisk needs to convert between INFO and rfc2833?
Or am I missing something.

--
Morten Isaksen
http://www.misak.dk/blog/