[Asterisk-Users] Queue Join Event

Tressler, Joshua A tressler at purdue.edu
Sat Oct 22 09:32:11 MST 2005

I apologize if this is posted again as I sent it last night, but I don't
see it anywhere in the list as of now.

I did a quick Google search of the lists and I hope that I am not asking
a question that has already been answered recently.

I have been working on a interface to use with our CRM software. I am
using the manager interface and mysql to store the changes. The only
issue I am having is when a caller joins the queue.

Currently, I can show the status of phones (ready, not ready, ringing,
ringing ack, in call, etc). What I am wanting to do is to be able to
track the status of the call in the database and do things with it
accordingly. I am able to accomplish this and make it work exactly as I
want, but it requires a modification to the source. For some reason, the
JOIN event in the manager interface doesn't seem to have the unique call
id. Almost every other event does, but JOIN doesn't for some reason. Can
anyone explain why it doesn't?

My boss asked us to remove our hack to the source and find another way
as it we want to be able to update versions of asterisk and not modify
the source. I thought that I could get around this by using the NEWEXTEN
event that happens just before the join, but I can't tie the two events
together.

Basically, with the hack modified, here's what I do:

Call comes in, enter the info into the database with uniqueid as the
key. When a call is answered, I update that record in the database and
so on. Without the uniqueid on the JOIN event I am stuck.

Any suggestions on a way around this, or a better way of doing it? I
would also be curious if anyone would share their setup if the are
attempting the same.

Thanks,

Josh