[Asterisk-Users] Filenaming for Incoming Queue Call Recordings (Reposted from "changing the filename of incoming call recordings")

KRTorio krtorio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 03:19:42 MST 2005

Regarding my previous post:
 >"Is there an easy way to modify the filename of an incoming call's
>recording, or are we stuck to agent-xxxx-<unix timestamp> format given to
us by Asterisk?

> There seems to be neither an equivalent ChangeMonitor() application for
incoming, nor you can tweak the recording's filename in agents.conf."
 It seems that the only way to change the filenaming incoming queue call
recordings is by modifying this line here in chan_agent.c :
  snprintf(filename, sizeof(filename), "agent-%s-%s",p->agent,
ast->uniqueid);
 But before I do that, is there a better way to do this, one that doesn't
require modifying the source code?