[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960G and Asterisk

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sat Oct 22 03:09:38 MST 2005

Hello all,

I'm about to source a pair of 7960Gs to test with Asterisk prior to a demo
to a new client next month. I've never used Cisco phones, let alone tried to
make them play nice withly with *.

According to our supplier, they either come with a SIP licence or a CCM
licence (which from what I've read would include SCCP), but this decision
has to be made when we order the phones from them.

What's the best way to link them up to * ? SIP or SCCP? I've trawled through
the mailing list and it seems opinion is divided on the topic, but I
understand there's been quite a lot of work on *'s SCCP module over the last
few months.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris