[Asterisk-Users] How to configure two Asterisk servers for one call center

Tielin Xu TIELXU01 at noa.nintendo.com
Fri Oct 21 09:39:49 MST 2005

Hi All:

I have a situation to be resolved.
Assume that one location call center with 150 agents.
I have two asterisk servers to serve those 150 sip phones. The servers
are connected to PSTN as 4 T1/PRI for each.
I have a few questions,
Can sip phones login to both servers for the call distribution?
If yes, saying Asterisk server one sends a call to agent A, when
another call comes to Asterisk server two, how does server two know
agent A's status since the call connection information is stored in
server one? does server one and two sharing the same MySQL database help
this issue?
Or I have to build a CTI server to control the call traffic for both
servers, but it sounds to waste the queue facility on both servers.
Please someone give me some ideas to resolve this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Tielin Xu