[Asterisk-Users] OT: Goiax.com DID not working anymore? < --i s it appropriate for this list? Yes.

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Fri Oct 21 08:15:28 MST 2005

Um, this is a bit of a grey area, isn't it? Don't people post on -users
about Broadvoice or <insert VoIP provider here> not working as well? There's
really no hard and fast rules defined about what is -users worthy or not,
except:

-If you are talking about code, it belongs on -dev
-If you are talking about Asterisk goods and services *for remuneration* it
belongs on -biz
-If it doesn't match the above categories, it belongs on -users

My personal opinion is that the thread in question belongs on this list, if
only because the -users list has the greatest aggregation of, well, users
and it's the most efficient way to hash out an issue. We also talk about
Cisco's, Polycoms, channel banks, Digium hardware, and AMP on -users which
are all products and not central to Asterisk itself (although I have noticed
that Jason Becker takes pains to move AMP related topics to the AMP mailing
list) so where do you draw the line? A list for every separate product? No
thanks, I already subscribe to too many lists.

What we all have in common is -users. The -users list is one of the great
strengths of the Asterisk community. Exclusionary statements only serve to
divide it (although OEJ's assertion would be 100% correct if the nature of
the posts from the goiax.com maintainer were along the lines of: "US DID's
only $2.99 a month, act now")