[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Cisco phone

Jonathan jonathan1969 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:45:59 MST 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 19:18, Tom Tune wrote:
> My Cisco 7960g SIP phones share an annoying "feature": Anything I plug into
> their 2nd Ethernet or PC port loses connection every thirty seconds or so.
> I did a ping -t and can see regular drops. I do not have access to Cisco's
> tech support archives. I am pretty sure that this is a simple configuration
> problem. Can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Hi Tom,

something similar has happened to me with Cisco ATA186 and a Cisco Switch
module, with the ATA equipment that "disappears" every minute...  ;(

I've solved the problem setting explicitely speed & duplex type in switch port
configuration.
By default configuration it was in "auto". After setting 100Mb/full_duplex the
problem has vanished and everithing is going well...

Cheers

							Jonathan