[Asterisk-Users] Swissvoice IP10S centralized phonebook

Nicolas Olivier nolivier at alphalink.fr
Fri Oct 21 06:19:40 MST 2005

This is the information I got from Swissvoice support, I didn't tried yet, but if it can helps.

How to use an external phone book

IP10S phone supports access to Cisco Phone Book but not all functionalities. The IP10 uses his own interface to access to the Phone Book.
If you want to connect to your remote phone book, you have to do the following actions:

First, copy the URL under Search by name in a Web browser, for example:
             http://192.168.1.5/cisco/directory/searchDirectory.php

You are going to have a XML file display in the Web Browser, like this one:
<CiscoIPPhoneInput>
       <Title>Directory Search</Title>
       <Prompt>Enter search criteria</Prompt>
       <URL>http://10.3.100.190:8080/ciscodirectory?action=list&page=0</URL>
       <InputItem>
             <DisplayName>First Name</DisplayName>
             <QueryStringParam>firstname</QueryStringParam>
             <InputFlags>A</InputFlags>
       </InputItem>
       <InputItem>
             <DisplayName>Last Name</DisplayName>
             <QueryStringParam>lastname</QueryStringParam>
             <InputFlags>A</InputFlags>
       </InputItem>
       <InputItem>
             <DisplayName>Number</DisplayName>
             <QueryStringParam>number</QueryStringParam>
             <InputFlags>T</InputFlags>
       </InputItem>
</CiscoIPPhoneInput>

Copy the information from the URL line (<URL>http://10.3.100.190:8080/ciscodirectory?action=list&page=0</URL>).

The easiest way to set the path in your phone is by the Web interface (but it could also be done by Telnet).
Connect to your phone web server. Login and password are normally: admin
Select Configure common phonebook.
In Select phone book to use chose the value: Remote
Then click on submit.
File the box below with the URL you get previously:
The IP address and the port number of the Phonebook server can be manually entered or synchronised with the Call Agent
In our case, IP address: 10.3.100.190, Port number: 8080,Path: /ciscodirectory?action=list&page=0

Then click on submit. If you return to your phone and select the common phone book, it is normally connected to the remote one now.
You can search by a name or if you put nothing and press on OK, it will return you the entire content of the remote phone book.

More information about Cisco Phonebook management
To manage remote phone book, you need a server. It could be one you developed by yourself or one include in your proxy server (not all of them include
this feature). It must follow the Cisco implementation; you can have more information here:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/3_1/index.htm
Check for "Cisco IP Phone Services Application Development Notes with Cisco CallManager 3.1."