[Asterisk-Users] merchant account

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:44:48 MST 2005

On 10/20/05, trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:

> I am interested in hearing some user experiences of anyone using a
> merchant account. The constraints are that everything entered must be
> DTMF-able. Card number, CCV, exp, numeric portion of the street
> address, zipcode are all easy. name however is not so easy.

The name is not used for card verification. Never has been. You might be
using software or an internet gateway that requires it, but that information
is not sent in the authorization request to the bank, and it's not required.
I've certified to just about every bank network there is in the US, and I've
never seen a specification yet that requires the cardholders name.

And that being the case, it doesn't matter what you send in the name field.

Chris