[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Cisco phone

Omar A. Sabek omar.sabek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:41:32 MST 2005

Tom,

Do you have VLANs or QoS configured on your switch? I had the same problem
with my CP-7960 connected to a Catalyst 3524XL switch. I solved it by
tweaking my QoS settings on the switch, there was an option to enable dot1p
priority tagging on the voice VLAN. I am not sure if the Dell switch you are
using has a similar feature, if it does check there.

Also, how have you troubleshot this problem so far, does it happen on every
switch you've tried? Is it happening on every CP-7960G you've tried? You're
right about it being a simple problem, that aux switch port has always
worked fine IMLE.

Cheers,

Omar A. Sabek