[Asterisk-Users] merchant account

Omar A. Sabek omar.sabek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:29:05 MST 2005

The CC merchant machines I've encountered require entry of the account
number, exp date, total charge, etc. before dialing and transmitting the
data. Even though we are able to pass DTMF successfully through the gateway,
we still make the recommendation that any application that requires a
negotiation phase (ie, fax machines, CC merchant machines, dial-up modem)
remain on a traditional POTS line. And just like you mention, alternative
methods are available including web access.

Hopefully, the technological disconnect between voip and dial-up data
transmission will come to pass sooner than later.

Omar A. Sabek