[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Cisco phone

Tom Vile tom.vile at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 10:47:14 MST 2005

Are you using Cisco Discovery Protocol on your routers or switches? If so
turn it off momentarily. Its possibly relating to CDP), and the switch is
kicking in the 30-second spanning tree delay before forwarding packets.

On 10/20/05, Tom Tune <tomtune at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, Andy.
> I have tried it both ways and get the same results: Network link stays up
> while network connectivity goes away every 30 seconds or so.
> It is driving me nuts, and I am afraid to buy the rest of the phones until
> I can get this resolved. : (
>
> On 10/20/05, Andy Hamilton < ciscophonefreak at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > It certainly doesn't sound like a feature :)
> >
> > Make sure that the port is configured for a PC and not a hub.
> > I don't have a 7960 to check this on, but I know that there is a way
> > to set the behavior of that port. Methinks it is near the end of the
> > options under "Network Settings."
> >
> > -a

Tom Vile
Baldwin Technology Solutions, Inc
Consulting - Web Design - VoIP Telephony
www.baldwintechsolutions.com <http://www.baldwintechsolutions.com>
Phone: 518-631-2855 x205
Phone: 845-652-4578 x205
Phone: 978-203-3848 x205