[Asterisk-Users] Call Transfer

Rhonda Herron rherron at relware.com
Thu Oct 20 06:18:44 MST 2005

Hello,

I have my *@HOME working beautifully for basic call function. So now I
am testing extended functions for my office users and am hitting a wall.
I simply need to be able to put a call on hold and forward it to any
another internal extension. I have an Eezee AT-320 IAX2 phone and
according to the directions, I  simply select Hold > enter ext> hit Fwd.
However when I press the button all I do is annoy the caller with loud
button punching sounds. Does something need to be configured in * to
allow call transfer to work? I am using an inbound trunk from Teliax- no
cards, just a T1 direct to my * server.  I have found transfer functions
for zapatel- but as I said I am just using the T1 and have no zapatel
trunks/configurations.  I have also seen a lot of information for call
forwarding but that sets up a permanent forward function to a specific
extension. I just want to be able to say "One moment, Mike can help you
with that, let me transfer you" and then be able to do it. Since this
happens with all my AT-320 phones, I don't think it is hardware related
and there is no mention of call transfer configuration for the phone
itself.

Thanks

-R