[Asterisk-Users] Help on Asterisk and Client SIP setup

Chrispen Chisvo cchisvo at ecoweb.co.zw
Thu Oct 20 13:26:53 MST 2005

hi

I have instaled Asterisk PBX on Linux SUSE.

Its is running well.

I want to add extensions for a simple test. I have added the extensions like

add extension 137,1,Dial,IAX/192.168.1.37/137 into local

what I am not clear of is IAX?

And my extensions are failing to register.

Unfortunaltely a client lite xlite will require me to specify username,
password, and domain, and yet I am not clear where to define the user and the
domain on the Asterisk PBX.

Anyone to help me setup an extension and the VOIP SIP client xlite: simple
steps please.

--
Rgds
Chrispen Chisvo