[Asterisk-Users] more voip patent madness

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Oct 20 02:56:01 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 11:28 +0200, Dave Cotton wrote:
> Have a look at this article
>
> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=2005101916522254
>
> Some of the comments are interesting.
>
> With any luck the US will patent itself into a corner.

Yup its insane, with that ruling it wouldnt be hard for someone to
patent basically the selling of VoIP, forcing all small players under
(or pay a license fee) and the large ones to either negotiate or pay
large sums in court.

This just gives me one more reason to leave, as if I didnt have enough
already.  I am just waiting for my lawsuit to be settled so I can
escape.  It sucks in America, its only getting worse (the patent stuff
is just one more reason) and it wont change untill congress has more
independants elected in.  66% of congress being of like mind and
independant could change a lot of the sillyness like this patent issue,
but you will never see that.  66% can stop any filibuster, 66% can
overrule any veto, 66% can do a lot really quick.  We only need 2 years
of that (the house has 2 year terms).

As long as the patent office is the way it is though I need to get on to
filing my patent on a time displaced communications system (receive
messages before they are sent, all the components are proven already
just not stable :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378