[Asterisk-Users] New ISDN architecture available for asterisk

Goran Skular goran.skular at slsolucije.hr
Thu Oct 20 01:23:48 MST 2005

>Hi to all,
>
>sorry for crossposting the -dev and -user lists, but I think this could
>be quite interesting news for EuroISDN people, expecially BRI owners.
>
>A new ISDN architecture, called vISDN, has been developed to fully
>support EuroISDN protocol with HFC based cards: HFC-S PCI, HFC-4S and
>HFC-8S (with HFC-E1 and HFC-S USB support coming soon).
>
>vISDN is not based on Zaptel, libpri, chan_zap, zaphfc, qozap, etc...
>but has been designed from scratch to be a standard compliant EuroISDN
>implementation plus a channel crossconnector, plus protocol analisys
>support thru Ethereal, plus a ppp terminator, plus other stuff :)

Very, very nice.. I am looking forward for test it.
Further, I hope that ecgo cancelation will be implemented also in near
future, as it is very important in most cases.

Are there maybe some HFC (both BRI and PRI) boards with hw echo cans, or
they are all passive?

For small Euro BRI installations we are using at this moment HFC with
bristuff. But where E1 is involved, we are trying now to avoid E1 cards
without HW echo cans integrated. At this point we are considering between
Sangoma and Digium with hw cans... but who knows what HFC boards would
bring. Beronet and Junghanns are here to be observed..

Kind regards,
Goran