[Asterisk-Users] Can't build Asterisk on SuSE

Gerald Dachs gda at gmx.de
Thu Oct 20 01:06:11 MST 2005

> SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
> Asterisk 1.2.0 beta1
>
> I am trying to build and install Asterisk on SuSE. I started with a
> fresh full installation of SuSE.
>
> The last lines of stdout and the full stderr are attached below.
>
> Thanks very much for your assistance.
>
> -Ramon F Herrera

[cutted much lines]

> res_crypto.c:15:25: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory
> res_crypto.c:16:25: openssl/err.h: No such file or directory
> res_crypto.c:75: error: parse error before "RSA"

[cutted much lines]

This is my first post to this list, I have no experiences with asterisk,
but this problem is an easy one and it is not asterisk related.
The problem is that you didn' t read the error messages. In the lines above
you can see that you did't install the development files for openssl. I
don't know how this rpm is named in suse, but in my distro it is called
openssl-devel.

Gerald