[Asterisk-Users] Chan-capi sound choppy

Mario Fernández Alonso mfa at abysal.com
Thu Oct 20 00:30:30 MST 2005

Hi all.

I'm using Debian Sarge with Asterisk  1.0.7.dfsg.1-2 and Asterisk-chan-capi 0.3.5-11 on a P-III 800 with 196MB RAM.
The isdn card is AVM B1 isa and the softphone is eyeBeam 1.1 3004t stamp 16741.
The audio codec G711aLaw works so fine for me. Other codecs sounds too bad.
The problem comes when I use the two B channels of isdn card. The sound is choppy, but if I use only one channel the audio is good.
The card is the only card using IRQ 5. The machine at the moment of sound choppy is 70% idle and 55MB RAM free.
I had download the source package of Asterisk-chan-capi, and changing  AST_CAPI_MAX_B3_BLOCK_SIZE from 160 to 400 the problem of sound choppy is nearly solved.
But, that is the way?
Thanks.
---
Mario Fdez. Alonso