[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi-0.6 configuration Query with Eicon Diva 4BRI

Voicomm User voicomm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 21:17:02 MST 2005

Hello

Hardware: Eicon Diva 4BRI ISDN Card
Software : Asterisk : Asterisk CVS-v1-0-08/13/05-19:51:52
               Chan Capi: chan_capi-0.6

We are using an Eicon 4BRI ISDN Card here in Australia with Asterisk,
connected to 4 OnRamp services with Telstra.

There are 8 available channels, but after upgrading to latest capi
driver we notice that the box is not able to handle more than 2 calls
at the same time. An engaged signal is heard at the other end. After
this happens once, some calls fail even when all channels are free.
I don't see any messages on console for failes calls. Even when I turn
on 'capi debug' and 'set verbose 20'.

The telstra personnel have confirmed busy signal is sent out by the
PABX. But its bizarre not to see any messages. No error messages are
logged as well.

capi info :
Contr1: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.
Contr2: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.
Contr3: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.
Contr4: 2 B channels total, 2 B channels free.

capi.conf

[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8

[isdn]
isdnmode=ptp     ; Is this correct for Point to Point Mode?
msn=<8 digit local number>
group=1
incomingmsn=*
controller=1,2,3,4 ; there are 4 controllers
devices=2           ; should this be 8?
softdtmf=on
relaxdtmf=on
accountcode=
context=main-menu
echocancelold=yes
;echocancel=yes  ; Turning this on gives a error message each time a
call is terminated.
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
;echosquelch=1
;echotail=64
;callgroup=1
;pickupgroup=1

Should I define config for each controller seperately? The card is
currently configured on a
TE mode with Point to Point. Any help appreciated.

cheers
-r