[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom IP501 and record on demand

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Wed Oct 19 10:37:30 MST 2005

Hi Mojo -

> The trouble Matthew and I were having was to stimulate presses of more
> than one button in a sequence -- "SpeedDial" function was the only
> one I
> could find that was close, but this opens a new call appearance for
> the
> call rather than just playing the dtmf over the open one.

Yeah, I'd like to be able to make that work, too.  Your method is
pretty ingenious, and gets further that I got to mapping a key
sequence to a single key.

I think we might just have to petition Polycom for this feature.
Back in the pre-1.5.x firmware days, I did a feature request with
them for the ability to disable their call waiting.  I don't know if
my request really had an effect on them or not, but you can
effectively do this in the 1.5.x firmware.  Maybe if everybody that
want this submits a feature request to Polycom, they might just add
it in a future firmware release.

There also might be some hope to hack together a solution on our
own.  Anybody good with XML?

- Noah