[Asterisk-Users] SIP CallerID

Dave Wise asterisk at agcllc.net
Wed Oct 19 06:16:48 MST 2005

I am using a * w/a PRI for the TDM interface to telco.
I am running Asterisk CVS-HEAD-05/29/05-03:59:44
All was working well until I needed a SIP ATA to be unlisted.

in sip.conf, on the account I used:
restrictcid=yes

I am getting the callerID through though.  I know that the ANI needs to
be passed (for telco's to accept the call, for thier records) so I also
tried assigning contexts to the account so I could modify the presentation.

[internationalul]
exten =>s,1,SetCallerPres(prohib)
exten =>s,2,Goto(international,${BYEXTENSION},1)

or with this context It would need to be done on a phone by phone basis
(but none of these worked).....

[3215559876outbound]
exten=>s,1,set CallerID(UnKnown<3215559876>,A)
exten=>s,2,Ser CallerID(UnKnown<>)
exten=>s,3,Goto(international,${BYEXTENSION},1)

on the wiki, for Asterisk+sip.conf it says:
* restrictcid
<http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/edit.php?page=Asterisk+sip+restrictcid>*:
(yes/no) To have the callerid restricted -> sent as ANI; use this to
hide the caller ID. This does not seem to work.

Any ideas?  Is there a patch for this or does a newer version of head
fix this?