[Asterisk-Users] more dids added to goiax.com

Dave Grey lydanynom at mac.com
Tue Oct 18 22:58:52 MST 2005

On Oct 18, 2005, at 11:02 PM, Matthew Simpson wrote:

> I do like the Web of Trust idea.  Maybe I'll do it google style and
> give out some invites to people [say 5] and then those 5 people
> will get a couple invites, and so on.  Each invite would point back
> to the person who gave it so if I trust Bob and he trusts Sam who
> trusts Sue but Sue turns out to be an abuser, I can see that Sam
> give it to Sue and revoke Sue's account and make her
> "untrustworthy" to the system [blacklisted].  If Sam invites
> several people that all end up black listing, than Sam's ability to
> get invites will get removed [but he would not get blacklisted
> since he is not abusing, just passing out invites to abusers].
> This would have to all be done by machine to scale ... not sure I
> have the time to put the code together but if it worked it might be
> useful for other free services out there.
>
> What do you guys think?

I hadn't thought of the invite scenario, but that would probably much
simpler to implement that a full blown key-signing/certificate
paradigm.  It makes more sense in this application, too, I think.  Of
course, I don't really know anyone in the * community yet, so please
remember that it was me who first suggested a WoT model. ;-)

lyd