[Asterisk-Users] free dids on goiax.com

Andy Hamilton ciscophonefreak at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 19:00:37 MST 2005

> Unfortunately I had to restrict the free us/canada outbound calling back
> down to toll-free only.  There was a lot of war dialing and prank
> calling going on.  I'm working on some stuff to hopefully curb that kind
> of stuff down so I can unrestrict outdial again, but this is the problem
> with free.. there is always someone that will abuse it.

What about unrestricting it for people on the Asterisk list ;)

Or, perhaps more useful, what about something similar to a spam
filter. Granted, there are many types of and theories for identifying
spam and other unwanted messages, but what about adapting something
that could be applied to this telephony service?

It could learn what sort of "threat" an account poses by examining
number of outbound calls in a time frame, duration of said calls,
consistency in calling specific numbers, etc.
Something that would identify suspicious behaviours/actions...

-a