[Asterisk-Users] sip rfc bye violated?

Matt Hess mhess at livewirenet.com
Tue Oct 18 15:39:51 MST 2005

I should have mentioned that I can't do a full sip log.. with several
calls a second whipping through this system it's almost impossible to
weed out the info for the proper call.. and usually I don't see the dead
channel until well after the fact.

I did grab a fresh history and packet capture of a new(?) dead call.

sip show history 96327948 at SVIGateway
tranquility*CLI>
   * SIP Call
1. Rx              INVITE / 1 INVITE
2. CancelDestroy
3. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 1 INVITE
4. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 1 INVITE
5. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 1 INVITE
6. TxRespRel       SIP/2.0 / 1 INVITE
7. Rx              ACK / 1 ACK
8. TxReqRel        INVITE / 102 INVITE
9. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
10. CancelDestroy
11. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
12. CancelDestroy
13. Unhold          SIP/2.0
14. TxReq           ACK / 102 ACK
15. TxReqRel        INVITE / 103 INVITE
16. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 103 INVITE
17. CancelDestroy
18. Rx              BYE / 201 BYE
19. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 201 BYE

And the packet capture is attached again..

Matt Hess wrote:
> Attached is a pcap of sip packets that pertain to another call similar
> to the history shown.. it's hard to nail these down as it takes a lot of
> time, patience and sifting through dumps.
>

> Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
>> Matt Hess wrote:
>>
>>> I have this in sip show history for a particular channel marked as dead
>>> (should be removed) in sip show channels:
>>>
>>> 1. TxReqRel        INVITE / 102 INVITE
>>> 2. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
>>> 3. CancelDestroy
>>> 4. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
>>> 5. CancelDestroy
>>> 6. Unhold          SIP/2.0
>>> 7. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
>>> 8. CancelDestroy
>>> 9. Unhold          SIP/2.0
>>> 10. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 102 INVITE
>>> 11. CancelDestroy
>>> 12. Unhold          SIP/2.0
>>> 13. TxReq           ACK / 102 ACK
>>> 14. TxReqRel        INVITE / 103 INVITE
>>> 15. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 103 INVITE
>>> 16. CancelDestroy
>>> 17. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 103 INVITE
>>> 18. CancelDestroy
>>> 19. Unhold          SIP/2.0
>>> 20. TxReq           ACK / 103 ACK
>>> 21. TxReqRel        INVITE / 104 INVITE
>>> 22. Rx              BYE / 302 BYE
>>> 23. TxResp          SIP/2.0 / 302 BYE
>>> 24. Rx              SIP/2.0 / 104 INVITE