[Asterisk-Users] central voicemail storage

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:34:20 MST 2005

I see you can use odbc for storing voicemail messages, but I'm curious about
what others might have used for a central voicemail storage. This would be
for 5-10 asterisk servers with a fair amount of voicemail.

One thought is to just use scripts to pull or push voicemail via ftp to the
central server, or to use a separate daemon on the asterisk servers to stick
the voicemail into a central database. If possible I want to avoid asterisk
using a database directly. I'd also like to avoid NFS. Basically I want a
central voicemail solution that doesn't introduce any new points of failure
into the system as a whole.

Or is there a way to have one asterisk server handle all the voicemail for
accounts on other asterisk servers?

Chris