[Asterisk-Users] Dial Plan

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 13:17:17 MST 2005

Felix Amaral wrote:
>  Hi, I´ve just installed an Asterisk Server on a Fedora Core 4, and made it
> work between diferrent extensions in the office and now I need to make it
> work on calling outside the office and I think I need a Dial Plan, can
> somebody help me a little with this?

I have the following at the bottom of my context for my SIP
extensions:

   exten => _1.,1,Dial(SIP/pstn/${EXTEN})
; Unanswered, Do we ever get here?
   exten => _1.,2,Playback(allison7/all-circuits-busy-now)
   exten => _1.,3,Playback(allison7/pls-try-call-later)
   exten => _1.,4,Macro(hangupcall)
; Busy, Or do we always go here?
   exten => _1.,102,Playback(allison7/pls-try-call-later)
   exten => _1.,103,Playback(allison7/all-circuits-busy-now)
   exten => _1.,104,Macro(hangupcall)

I only have a Grandstream BT100 & a Sipura SPA-3000 (named line1 &
pstn). The SPA-3000 registers pstn with asterisk and is able to
handle all the dial outs. Since I no longer have 7 digit dialing
(we have overlays which require dialing at least 10 digits). So
any number that starts with 1 will be sent out to the PSTN. I
haven't setup the emergency services number or other numbers
such as emergency dialing. I really aught to do that in case
someone accidentally picks up my extra test phones.

BTW, this is for home use.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)