[Asterisk-Users] free dids on goiax.com

Rajesh kumar rajesh_junk at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 11:52:11 MST 2005

I have been using goiax for my outgoing and has been excellent in quality of
voice and also the service.

To put the abusers out, I propose that each account holder should
pre-register the phone numbers they typically call. For a legitimate user,
pre-registration is certainly acceptable (especially for a free service),
and if we give option of uploading an outlook address book or so, that would
even simplify the process. Pre-registration of outgoing calls will make
abusers' job lot harder and it is lot easier for hunting down the abusers as
well. If you want, you can set a maximum pre-registration limit as well.

To avoid multiple account holders, i would take an approach of comparing IP
addresses at the time of registration itself. Suppose, if I want to create
100 accounts for 100 email accounts, i will have to go to goiax.com and
register each and everyone of them; then collect the IP address of the
request and check against the existing accounts; you can set a maximum cap
on the number of accounts that could be registered from an IP (to allow
roommates). If you set a max-cap to be 4, we can have all 4 roommates have
their own accounts with each having pre-registered phone numbers. You can
use similar tactic to restrict the service users as well at the time of
allowing the outgoing call.

. just my thoughts to get the great service going.

regards,
Rajesh