[Asterisk-Users] Recomendations for utility to generate Asteriskconfiguration

asterisk asterisk at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Oct 19 06:05:45 MST 2005

> I need some help generating configuration files for Asterisk.  Since I'm
> running under Solaris I'm having trouble with some of the utilities that
> are more linux-centric.
>
> Can anyone recommend a free/low-cost package to generate conf files that
> is not linux-dependent and will handle a IAX2 and SIP trunk?
>
> Frank

Frank,

I am not a Solaris guy so let me offer a work around that should work well
for you.

If you have an old laptop or desktop that is not being used, install
asterisk at home on it.  Use the AMP piece of asterisk at home to do all of your
configurations.  When done, click on the red bar which writes the .conf
files from the MySQL database, then use WinSCP to copy all of your confs to
the Solaris box (assuming WinSCP works with Solaris).  You could also just
FTP the files if you have to.

I think this might be the easiest way to create a working system with the
benefit of the additional dialplan functionality that comes with *@home.

Thanks,
Steve