[Asterisk-Users] Slow dialling from PBX into * via E1

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Tue Oct 18 01:32:11 MST 2005

Hi :)

I have a little 'slow dialling' problem. When I dial, e.g.
200# for the Asterisk 'echo test' demo application from my PBX extension
1010, I see this in the console the instant I press the # key:

  -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/65-1'
  -- Accepting overlap call from '1010' to '200' on channel 0/3, span 3

then exactly 3 seconds elapses, and finally

  -- Executing Playback("Zap/65-1", "demo-echotest") in new stack
  -- Playing 'demo-echotest' (language 'en')

at which point Allison's 'sultry' voice announces 'You are
about to enter an echo test...'

Can I remove this 3 second pause? It's rather annoying, and
it doesn't happen when I dial out from the PBX to a normal
PSTN line or to a PBX-provided extension, or indeed to any
local ISDN2 device.

Even with debug + verbose both at 99, I see no extra information

I'm using a Sangoma A104u with wanpipe-beta15-2.3.3.tgz and
Asterisk/Zaptel/Libpri 1.2.0-beta1.

The extensions.conf is trivial

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=yes

[fromaxxess]
exten => 200,1,Playback(demo-echotest)  ; Let them know what's going on
exten => 200,2,Echo                     ; Do the echo test
exten => 200,3,Playback(demo-echodone)  ; Let them know it's over

Sangoma's support can't understand how it can be their drivers / cards
causing the issue since there is no buffering at all in Zaptel (and
let's face it that makes sense :)

Cheers,
Gavin.