[Asterisk-Users] free dids on goiax.com

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Tue Oct 18 00:05:20 MST 2005

GoIAX, the Asterisk community's free IAX provider, is offering free US
dids now.  I loaded about 175 dids in and put up a very beta sign in page.

Unfortunately I had to restrict the free us/canada outbound calling back
down to toll-free only.  There was a lot of war dialing and prank
calling going on.  I'm working on some stuff to hopefully curb that kind
of stuff down so I can unrestrict outdial again, but this is the problem
with free.. there is always someone that will abuse it.

If anybody has any ideas on how to keep the abuse down let me know.  The
best ideas I have now is to only allow a certain amount of calling per
month, add velocity checking, and somehow put some accountability into
the sign up process to keep the prank callers and multiple account
abusers away.

yours,
Matthew Simpson
GoIAX -- www.goiax.com