[Asterisk-Users] Bizarre Echo Problem

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Mon Oct 17 20:11:32 MST 2005

{clip}

That's quite interesting as one would assume it's the same call path regardless of the originator. It's possible that there was some variation somewhere (eg. one bad echo canceller module in a tandem trunk pool out in the PSTN), but perhaps not. I have heard others comment about intermittent bad echo, depending on who's originating the call. It would be interesting to try to hang up and restart the call outwards from Asterisk and see if the echo persists. Regardless as I said, it's really an echo issue for your ITSP to debug as they're interfacing to the PSTN and Asterisk doesn't do any echo cancellation on SIP/IAX translated calls.

:-)

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District