[Asterisk-Users] Teliax IAX problems -- Asterisk doesn't see answer

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Oct 17 16:17:02 MST 2005

I've been trying to diagnose the same problem with teliax, and it seems
to be a jitterbuffer problem. Since turning it off, we've not had a problem.

My guess is that teliax servers are not current code, or they've modified
the code for some reason.

The tech that I corresponded with suggested 'gsm' was the culprit, but I
had the same issues with g729, ilbc, etc.

Try jitterbuffer=no in the appropriate section of your iax.conf and restart
asterisk.

------------------------
> Not to point the finger at Teliax, but I'm having some unique problems with their service that
are as yet unexplained.

> Incoming calls are fine.
>
> Outgoing calls don't work, though they did at one time.  As of today, I'm running the latest
code from CVS.

>     -- Called teliax/13143212222
>     -- Call accepted by 208.139.204.245 (format ulaw)
>     -- Format for call is ulaw
>     -- IAX2/teliax-18 is making progress passing it to IAX2/iay1-17
>     -- Hungup 'IAX2/teliax-18'
>
> I can see from a tethereal network dump that Teliax is sending an ANSWER, but Asterisk never
notices.  Teliax starts sending
> audio.  The callee gets audio.  The caller gets nothing.
>
> I can make the same call through Nufone, and it works fine.  Asterisk sees the ANSWER.
>
> But the network trace differs significantly between Nufone and Teliax.  With Nufone, I see
RINGING, 'stop sounds', then