[Asterisk-Users] Cannot telnet to port 5038 on asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Oct 17 11:18:53 MST 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 06:56:39PM +0100, Steve Daniels wrote:
> Try a a good old
> netstat -a | grep 5038

netstat -lntup | grep 5038

-l is generally preferable than -a: only gives listening ports. -t: tcp
sockets only. -p: also pid and name of the process that has the socket.

> That will tell you if * is listening and what it's listening on.
> Then if it show's * is listening, it must be a permit =, or a firewall
> issue.

Though most firewalls allow everything on the interface lo. My guess is
that either asterisk is not running or it has not been *restarted* since
the configuration change. Reloading is not enough to change the
IP address(es) Asterisk listens on or make it start listen at all
(right?)