[Asterisk-Users] Polycom MWI

Andy Goss agoss at networkadvocates.com
Mon Oct 17 08:19:04 MST 2005

Yes, if you look in the cfg files for the phone (either sip.cfg or
ipmid.cfg) you will see something similar to this (I use polycom 501s):

<MESSAGE_WAITING se.pat.misc.1.name="message waiting"
se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.type="silence" se.pat.misc.1.inst.1.value="1"
se.pat.misc.1.inst.2.type="silence" se.pat.misc.1.inst.2.value="2"
se.pat.misc.1.inst.3.type="silence" se.pat.misc.1.inst.3.value="1"/>

I didn't bother taking out the unnecessary stuff, I just changed where
it said chord to silence, this way if I needed to bring it back I could
just change silence back to chord.

Hope this helps.

Andy

--