[Asterisk-Users] Delayed ringing on some SIP phones

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Mon Oct 17 01:50:17 MST 2005

> Wouldn't something like this work for you?
> [incoming-bri-one]
> exten => s,1,SetCIDName(Company 1)
> exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/200&SIP/201&etc.,15) ; comapny 1's phones
> exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/200&SIP/201&SIP/300&SIP/301&etc.,15) ;
> company 1's & 2's phones
> exten => s,4,Voicemail(su200)
> [incoming-bri-two]
> exten => s,1,SetCIDName(Company 2)
> exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/300&SIP/301&etc.,15) ; company 2's phones
> exten => s,3,Dial(SIP/300&SIP/301&SIP/200&SIP/201&etc.,15) ;
> comapny 2's & 1's phones
> exten => s,4,Voicemail(su300)

Thanks for the replies folks.

My concern is that the SIP phones in question (GXP-2000s) tend to take a
second or two to realise they're no longer ringing. If phones are ringing
from the first dial statement and still think they're ringing when the
second dial statement is executed, they will all report busy to asterisk and
not ring at all.

I suppose I could insert a Wait(2) or something like that between the two
dial statements, but I can see it causing problems with users picking the
phone up and finding nothing on the end, then when the second dial kicks in,
their phone reports busy because it's off-hook. What I'm really after is a
method of starting the second dial on company 2's phones without
interrupting the dial on company 1's phones.

Regards,

Chris