[Asterisk-Users] Newbi stating question

Peer Oliver Schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Mon Oct 17 00:13:42 MST 2005

Lorenzo wrote
> I'm working in an italian company who wan't start using asterisk.
>
> My problem:
> 1. What kind of hardware I need for make a PBX who speek with 3/4 ISDN
> BRI line and internal use a SIP VoIP telephone?

4 ISDN channels or lines. If 4 ISDN channels, get two HFC-S based cards,
if 4 lines (i.e. 8 channels) get either an AVM C4 or an junghanns.net
quadbri card.

> 2. I can install ASTERISK and HYLAFAX on the same machine ?

Yes. Running (mostly) fine here, using an AVM C4 connected to two lines.
Hylafax is receiving all faxes, using a ATA connected to Asterisk for
faxing out.

Take a look at voip-info.org and search for zaphfc and/or chan_capi.
--
Best regards