[Asterisk-Users] Need language variable to user account

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sun Oct 16 22:25:39 MST 2005

brett at websmyths.com wrote:

>On 10/17/2005, "Ronald Wiplinger" <ronald at elmit.com> wrote:
>

>>My users do have different language requests. I would like to give them
>>their wish language.
>>
>>I could setup an extra database for that.
>>I wonder if it would be much work to add this field in sip.conf (and
>>realtime)?
>>

>Ronald...
>
>IF I had customers who needed different languages via sip.conf...
>I would use the - er... language= setting in there.
>
>But I don't know if realtime uses it - and I don't know what version of
>asterisk (or *@H - or whatever) you are using.
>
>Brett

Brett,

how would you do that? Giving each language group a different context?
At least that was I came up with.
Actually the question is going even further, ....   Think about that:

I will create 20 features, 20 different pay plans (tariffs), ....
One of the 20 features is the language.
If I would use context, I have soon 400 x 10 possible languages
(slightly exaggerated, hehehehe)

I guess, if I know how to add languge, than I can add the other features
as well, ...

My next try is to setup a feature mysql  database for each user. This
database will be queried at the beginning of the context and than give
you all the variables you may need, ...
Maybe something like that exists?

bye

Ronald Wiplinger