[Asterisk-Users] Busy not jumping n + 101 anymore

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Oct 16 18:55:51 MST 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 21:37, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> You can't, because there is no reason for it. There are only three
> possibilities for applications that don't set a channel variable:

ChanIsAvail().  Has(New)VoiceMail(). CheckGroup().  System().  There are
others that could be simplified by just returning a value instead of setting
a specific variable but I won't get into that at this time.

> 0 : signals normal completion, and the dialplan continues
> '0' - '9' or 'A' - 'F' or '#' or '*' : signals normal completion and
> jump to that extension
> anything else : signals failure and the call is hung up

Please explain the second result?  I don't understand.

> Applications generally only return zero or non-zero, so there is no
> reason to be able to retrieve that result, because if it's non-zero the
> call has already moved to the 'h' extension (if it is present). There is
> no lack of documentation here, because application result codes have no
> purpose or value being read or used by code in the dialplan.

I very very strongly disagree here, but I will wait for your response on my
questions above.  The exensions.conf SPECIFICALLY states that the resultcode
should be checked, but no way is provided.  This seems VERY counter-intuitive
when you say that it should never be needed anyway.

-A.