[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk "proxy" a SIP phone to make it look like a Cisco skinny softphone?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Sun Oct 16 15:44:46 MST 2005

Hi there

We have a Cisco VOIP environment here, with hard and softphones. I have
a softphone account/etc, but I'm a Linux user and (as far as I'm aware)
there is no Cisco softphone for Linux. However I can run Asterisk. So I
was wondering if there is a way to "convert" a SIP phone transaction
into a SKINNY transaction so that  the Cisco environment thinks it is a
Cisco Softphone? I know you can put a trunk in between Asterisk and
Cisco Callmanager - but there's no way I'd get the OK for that at this
early stage ;-)

Thanks!

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417