[Asterisk-Users] Attempted to delete nonexistent schedule entry...

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Sat Oct 15 13:02:13 MST 2005

On 10/15/2005, "J. Iddings" <jeff at iddings.us> wrote:
>I'm also having this issue. Everything seems to work, but it's an
>unnerving error. Any thoughts?
>
>Jimmy wrote:
>> I just upgraded my test Asterisk box to the latest CVS HEAD.  "show
>> version" only shows  "Asterisk CVS HEAD built by root....etc", with no
>> date or version number.  I downloaded  this version on Monday, Oct 3.
>> About once every minute, I get this while at the CLI> prompt:
>>
>> sched.c:296 ast_sched_del: Attempted to delete nonexistent schedule
>> entry 1!
>>
>> This only appeared after updating.  All functions seem normal, other
>> than these messages. Phones work, auto-attendant works, voicemail works,
>> etc.  What's going on?

OK - I been wrong so many times this week - it ain't funny...

But - I think - this part of the scheduling change to the registration
stuff.

In one update, when a remote phone/system stopped responding to qualify
attempts, the system would stop trying to verify the connection.
Forever.
Not exactly a 'good thing'.  It would tell you that by saying Forever
but
still not good.

Then an update added some stuff to ?iax.conf? like:
;qualify=yes
;qualifysmoothing = yes
;qualifyfreqok = 120000
;qualifyfreqnotok = 30000

to modify how and when the system would retry these connections.

During the time between the first and second update, I would get these
messages when I did an iax2 reload.  It had stopped trying to qualify the
connection - and then the reload would start it backup.  It would
'inform'
me with the 'attempted to delete nonexistant schedule entry' because the
time of the next scheduled event was no longer active.

So in essence - it is a warning and not an error.

Brett